The American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) released education courses on curtainwall design, aluminum storefronts and entrances, as well as energy and the architectural fenestration industry, as part of its FenestrationMasters® program. This is the sixth group of FenestrationMasters courses released by AAMA.
“Because of the complexity of the topics and their specificity to the commercial market, the courses in Group 6 are exclusively required of FenestrationMaster™ students,” says Angela Dickson, AAMA’s marketing manager. “As this group represents the final courses in the program, AAMA is very excited to have the entire curriculum available to students, with the certification exam launching at the beginning of July.”
* Group 1 courses cover product types and design considerations, door, window and skylight performance standards, proper glass selection and specialty performance considerations (blast, impact, tornado and acoustics).
* Group 2 courses cover profile performance and material considerations, as well as coatings and finishes.
* Group 3 courses cover hardware, weatherstrip and weatherseals, as well as sealants and adhesives used during factory fabrication.
* Group 4 courses cover code requirements, energy efficiency and thermal performance, as well as skylights and daylighting.
* Group 5 courses cover commercial and residential installation, as well as field testing/forensic evaluation and fenestration anchorage.
There are two different credentials available through the program, both requiring successful completion of the applicable coursework and the certification exam: FenestrationMaster™ and FenestrationAssociate™. To qualify for the FenestrationAssociate (entry-level) certification, no minimum education or experience is required. To qualify for the FenestrationMaster (advanced-level) certification, one of the following prerequisites must be met:
* Four-year degree in engineering, architecture or applied sciences and four years experience
* Six years fenestration product-related experience
For a full course listing, visit www.aamanet.org/fenestrationmasters.