Developed in conjunction with the Greenway Group, the American Institute of Architects (AIA) has made issued its AIA Foresight Report, a 34-page report that highlights key trends in the architecture marketplace and their impact on business and growth.
According to AIA officials, the report is intended to provide original research that applies to the current and future practice of architecture focusing on the areas of sustainability, advances in building performance, changes in project delivery and the evolution of technology.
Among the findings in the report are the following:
- Stiffer competition in the design services marketplace is here to stay due to recession pressure;
- New markets and a growing base of talent for the industry due to the rise of emerging economies, including Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa;
- Greater collaboration among design, engineering and construction disciplines;
- Increasing push for measuring the effect and benefit of design strategies and providing building performance data;
- Rise in alternative and complementary services being offered by architecture firms; and
- A strong market for green products and design.