Guardian Automotive announced it is ending the company’s participation in the local distribution business by selling off and liquidating its distribution centers. Six locations will be sold, while five will be liquidated.
The sales are expected to close prior to December 31, 2013, and include:
- The Ellenwood, Ga., facility to Wholesale Glass Distributors;
- The Charlotte, N.C., facility to Wholesale Glass Distributors;
- The Plymouth, Mich., facility to Mygrant Glass;
- The Cincinnati, Ohio, facility to Mygrant Glass;
- The Lanham, Md., facility to Mygrant Glass; and
- The Denver facility to Dakotaland.
The remaining distribution centers located in Beckley, W.V.; Tampa, Fla.; Phoenix, Ariz.; Tuscon, Ariz.; and Portland, Ore., will be liquidated by December 31, 2013, according to company officials. These centers will cease operations on Wednesday, November 27.
“The aftermarket distribution business continues to be very competitive,” says Scott Billings, director of Guardian’s automotive distribution operations. “Guardian will have a continuing role in the aftermarket business, but it will be a model we believe can deliver sustainable growth for Guardian and our customers.”
Guardian will continue to provide factory direct bulk and truckload sales, as well as RV and specialty glass distribution services from a dedicated location, according to officials.