Eastman Chemical Co., which manufactures the Vanceva® color system for laminated glass, has announced the jury members for the third Vanceva World of Color Awards™. The international design awards program is designed to honor architects, interior designers, glass fabricators, furniture designers, and other industry professionals for their innovative use of colored laminated safety glass in building design and interior spaces around the world.
The final awards entry deadline is April 30, and entries may be uploaded at www.worldofcolorawards.com. All entries must include liberal use of Vanceva color interlayer products and must have been completed between January 1, 2012, and December 31, 2013.
The 2014 jury includes:
• Andrew Moor, principal of Andrew Moor Associates in London and author of “The Colour of Architecture;”
• Joanna Sikes, director of external affairs at the Museum of Glass in Tacoma, Wash.;
• Abin Chaudhuri, founder of Abin Design Studio (ADS) in India;
• Angelo Derenze, president of Casa Cor in Sao Paulo, Brazil; and
• Kiku Obata, founder and president of Kiku Obata & Co., a St. Louis- and London-based research and design studio.
“[The] Eastman World of Color Awards mark excellence in creativity and designing with glass, and this esteemed jury represents some of the best our industry has to offer,” says Doug Marren, global marketing communications manager for the Vanceva color system. “Members of our jury are some of the top names in our industry. And because glass and color play a significant role in their professional work, they will bring an invaluable perspective and expertise, as they discuss and decide the winners of this year’s competition.”