Building a Future for Distributors and Dealers of Building Products
January/February 2006 Volume 45, Issue 1
Alternative Products for Distributors and Dealers
Even though the cold weather
you indoors this month, decking, railing,
and fencing products continue to be hot
items for distributors and dealers. Read on
to learn about the latest outdoor products
In an effort to help building professionals save time, reduce costs and increase productivity, Weyerhaeuser of Las Vegas launches Plan/A, a portfolio of concrete forming products and services for construction projects.
The plan includes ChoiceForm™ panels, engineered lumber and other products. Some of the offered products are described below.
• BBO and ES plywood is a high-quality plywood panel with a smooth finish with minimum grain or patch transfer.
• MDO forming panel is overlaid plywood panel that provides a smoother finish than other alternatives, according to the company. The edges are treated with water-resistant sealers to inhibit moisture damage.
• HDO forming panel is a solid plywood panel with minimum voids, durable overlay and multiple reuse possibilities. The panel’s smooth surface ensures less telegraphing and grain transfer than conventional softwood panels.
• Trus Joist TimberStrand® LSL edge form is designed for forming non-elevated sidewalks, driveways and other ground-level slabs.
• Trus Joist Microllam® LVL scaffold plank is engineered to carry specified loads when used in accordance with industry design specs. It also conforms to OSHA standards.
Forming components from the company include rebar, construction stakes, cut rebar, foundation bolts, wire and remesh.
Wood Plastic Composite Components Boasts Benefits
Integrated Compsite Technologies Inc., an original equipment manufacturer in Montezuma, Ga., produces a wide range of wood plastic composite (WPC) components for doors and windows with advantages over traditional materials.
Utilizing color through and embossing processes, the WPCs can be produced to match existing components and may also be painted or stained for more finishing options.
The company says the components fit properly because of the close tolerances it holds. The product allows very little, if any water absorption and resists decay, rot and insect damage.
The components work like normal wood and without requiring special tools.
Made from 100-percent recycled wood flour and plastic resin, the products are sustainable and renewable, according to the company. The components do not contain toxic preservatives.
© Copyright 2006 Key Communications Inc. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any type without expressed written permission.