Texas Glass Association’s Jerry Wright of AAA Glass Passes Away

Jerry C. Wright, one of the founders and current president of Texas Glass Association and owner of AAA Glass & Mirror, passed away last night.

jerry

Jerry Wright with his wife, Cynthia.

Wright, who spent decades in the industry and served as the president at National Glass Association from 1991-93, was 67 years old. He passed away yesterday from complications of open heart surgery last month.

In 2002, Wright was named one of USGlass magazine’s “People to Watch.” In that article, Wright said he would like to be remembered as “a participant of life, and not a spectator. … I believe we should bloom where we are planted, and that we should leave this world in better shape than we found it to be!”

Wright’s hobbies were fishing, hunting, golf and public speaking. He was an industry leader on many levels and was also a lieutenant governor for Kiwanis International, where he served as a volunteer for sponsored youth work in local high schools.

SAM_0629_format

Jerry Wright of the Texas Glass Association welcomes attendees to Glass TEXpo ’14.

He was a staple at Glass TEXpo™ and other events as a speaker.

“We all loved Jerry and he will be missed,” says Jennifer Fontana, executive director at Texas Glass Association.

Wright is survived by his wife, Cynthia, daughters Tracy and Sarah and son Cliff.

“I have lost a great friend and brother with the passing of Jerry,” says John Mammen, formerly of M3 Glass Technologies. “We first worked together in forming the Metroplex Glass Dealers Association in 1977. Since then, Jerry and I have enjoyed many hours discussing our industry and attending local and national trade shows together.

“He will be missed. My prayers are for Cynthia and the family in these times.”

Please note: If you wish to add your comments below, we will make sure that the family receives them.

Also, cards and notes can be sent to the Wright family at:

4809 Silent Ridge Ct. E.
Ft Worth, TX 76132

This entry was posted in Featured News, Today's News and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Texas Glass Association’s Jerry Wright of AAA Glass Passes Away

1. Texas gained another star in heaven. Jerry Wright was the face of TGA and he will be missed.

2. John Heinaman says:

To Jerry’s family:
    The many members of the glass industry are grateful for Jerry’s continuous interest in promoting the improvement of the industry and having a positive influence on many of us as individuals. It was always a pleasure to be in Jerry’s presence and his motivating talks had a profound positive impact on others. Thank you for sharing your husband and father with all of us in the glass industry!

3. Vic Domhoff says:

Jerry was a tireless supporter of the glass industry. He will be sorely missed. Above all, he was one of the most decent people you’ll ever want to meet.

4. Michael E. Brown says:

Our thoughts are with Jerry’s family.

Jerry was an outstanding representative of the glazing industry and the state of Texas. Jerry’s public speaking engagements were unique and not to be missed.

We will miss you Jerry.

5. Deb Levy says:

No one who ever met Jerry Wright, even in passing, could ever forget him. Jerry is among the most unique of individuals most of us will ever meet. His country manner and Texas ‘twang surrounded an astute businessman who cared about the people in the glass industry, large and small. There are no feet that will fill Jerry’s boots. Prayers to Cynthia and Sarah, Tracey and Cliff and his adorable grandchildren.

6. Bill Lingnell says:

Jerry was a real blessing to the glass industry and we all know he left the world in better shape than he found it. Our heart felt feelings to his family and friends.

7. Greg Montgomery says:

Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and may all the wonderful memories you shared be with you forever.

8. Jim Ponder says:

The passing of Jerry is a significant loss. Serving with Jerry on the NGA board and becoming friends enriched my life as he did for all those who knew him. I was blessed to have seen him within the past few months. As I sit here with tears in my eyes, words are hard to come by. Cynthia, Tracy, Sarah and Cliff – what a blessing to have spent so much time with a shining example of intelligence, compassion and love. I am praying for you.

9. Dennis M. McCarty says:

This is one of those times that a larger than life presence has been taken from us. I read the previous comments and actually saw Jerry in a most glorious light,… the light of life that he represented. My sincerest prayers and very best wishes are with his wonderful family and Jerry’s multitude of friends.

10. Donn Harter says:

Jerry was a friend to evryone he met and and an open-armed supporter of my code work. His magnanimous smile and inimitable ability to communicateto to the glazing industry informed counless audiences. The legacy that Jerry imparted to the National and Texas Glass Associtions will live on forever through the many converts he touched. God may have received more than he can handle. I’m sure Jerry will go on organizing forever.

11. Bob Lawrence says:

Our industry has lost a true icon of a glass man that cared greatly about family, employees, relationships, doing a great job, having satisfied customers, great friendships and a good time. I will remember seeing Jerry, especially at TGA annual golf tournaments, where to him, golf wasn’t nearly as important as the people that were there; and he cared greatly about making things better. Jerry was, and will long be remembered as a true gentleman throughout any situation, a great communicator, employing common sense, and always doing the right thing for business and family. I will miss Jerry greatly… I pray God is enjoying his company as much as we did!

12. Holly Biller says:

Jerry was a staple within our business world who shaped our industry and gave it heart. My prayers and thoughts are with his family, please know that we thank you for sharing such a wonderful man with us all these years. His laughter, infectious smile, good nature and sharp business sense made those around him always at ease. May the angels enjoy his sense of humor and joie de vivre as much as we did.

13. I met Jerry in 2006 and always enjoyed talking with him about our industry and sharing marketing ideas. He was enthusiatic and willing to share advice and encouragement to all. Within the last year or so, I had the opportunity to meet Jerry’s son, and his wife. Jerry loved talking about his family and my heart goes out to them. I truly feel as though I have lost a friend and not just a business associate.

14. Michael McCown says:

35 years ago I was the new manager at Binswanger Glass in Bedford, TX. This huge man walked into my office and introduced himself. He told me that he owned AAA Glass over on the other side of town and that we would be in competition with each other. He sat down and we talked for hours about the glass business in Fort Worth. From that first day I was a fan of Jerry Wright. He took the time to visit with a young man that was competing against his company. It was years later that I realized that he was setting me up to be a good competitor. I’ve admired Jerry for all these years. What more can you give another person than your true admiration. May God be with you Jerry.

15. I met Jerry way back, when I was still very GREEN as he would say and he told me he thought he had boots older than I was. So, let’s not dwell on how long ago that actually was, but needless to say it’s been a VERY long time. His infectious smile and loud booming, yet friendly voice, would fill a room the instant he arrived. His passion for promoting the benefits of regional glass associations was just as evident. I will miss his big bear hugs and sincere nature in everything he did – a true class act! My heart goes out to his friends and family. You all were blessed to have close relationships with one of our industry’s best and God’s dearest.