FCA International announced the winners of its fifth-annual CREST Awards on Friday, May 8 during its Annual Awards Event in Chicago. Of the glazing companies who entered, four received international recognition announcing them as the safest contractors in glass, and four other companies were recognized as Top 10 Finishers.
The 2014 CREST Award Winners are as follows:
Architectural glass and metal:
- Eighteen Glass Co. Inc. of East Brunswick, N.J.;
- Empirehouse Inc. of St. Paul, Minn.;
- Glazing Concepts LLC of Bensalem, Pa.; and
- Royal Glass Co. Inc. of Santa Clara, Calif.
Top 10 Finishers:
- Boss Glass Co. Inc. of Dover, N.J.;
- Graboyes Commercial Window Co. of Philadelphia;
- National Glass & Metal Co. Inc. of Horsham, Pa.; and
- Walters & Wolf of Freemont, Calif.
“The FCA CREST Awards were created to encourage and recognize contractors who have led an effective safety program throughout the year,” says Anthony Darkangelo, CEO of FCA International. “CREST Award winners have proven that protecting their employees is a priority at their company, and that they are a leader in construction safety.”
The FCA CREST Awards were started in 2011 with the mission of encouraging and recognizing excellence in safety training. Winners are selected based on safety metrics such as years the company has had a safety program, safety training, injury/illness rates, recordable incident rates, EMR trends, etc.