The deadline to enter USGlass magazine’s second annual design awards program is approaching quickly, with entries due September 23, 2020. The design awards recognize excellence in the use of architectural glass and glazing, and will highlight exemplary uses of glass and glazing products in both interior and exterior applications. The competition is open to all members of the architectural glazing industry, including contract glaziers, glass and metal fabricators and suppliers, architects and building envelope/façade consultants.
Rules and Eligibility
- Project submissions must have been completed since January 2019;
- Projects located throughout the world are eligible for entry;
- Submissions must feature architectural glazing prominently within the design;
- Submissions must include up to five high-resolution (300 dpi; 1200 x 2400 pixels max) images. Please include a close-up to illustrate level of difficulty, as well as images of the finished job;
- Submissions, including all images, must be approved for publication by project owner, and you must have the rights to use the images for editorial purposes;
- To maintain anonymity in judging, the names of entrants or collaborating parties will not appear on any submission materials provided to judges.
- Entry forms must be completed in their entirety.
Submissions will be due by September 23, 2020 and announced in the January 2021 issue of USGlass magazine.
Entry Fee: $55
Submissions should illustrate the following:
- Design innovation;
- Aesthetic achievements; and
- Technical difficulty.
- Low- to Mid-Rise Construction (under 75 feet)
- High-Rise Construction (more than 75 feet)
- Commercial Interiors (podium, lobby spaces, etc.)
- Specialty Construction (staircases, floors, railings, etc.)