The Illinois-based Finishing Contractors Association (FCA) announced the winners and finalists of the 11th-annual Contractors Recognizing Excellence in Safety Training (CREST) Awards. Of the companies who entered, four architectural glass and metal contractors won safest contractor in their respective categories, and four others were top finishers.
“The FCA CREST Awards were created to encourage and recognize contractors who have led an effective safety program throughout the year,” explained Anthony Darkangelo, CEO of FCA International. “CREST Award winners and top finishers have proven that protecting their employees is a priority at their company, and that they are a leader in construction safety.”
Since starting in 2011, CREST Award winners are selected based on key safety metrics such as years the company has had a safety program, safety training, injury/illness rates, recordable incident rates and EMR trends. Winners earn the right to say they are the safest contractor in their respective category.
Click here to learn more about the CREST Awards and to see the full list of winners and top finishers.
2021 for 2020 Performance
- AJL Design & Installation Inc. – Islandia, N.Y.
- Empirehouse Inc. – Mounds View, Minn.
- Infinite Glass and Metal Inc. – Franklin Lakes, N.J.
- Cherry Hill Glass Co. Inc. – Branford, Conn.
- Architectural Glass & Metal – Clinton Park, N.Y.
- Eighteen Glass Co. Inc. – East Brunswick, N.J.
- Giroux Glass Inc. – Los Angeles, Calif.
- National Glass & Metal Co. Inc. – Horsham, Pa.