In keeping with the American National Standards Institute’s (ANSI) process, the National Fenestration Rating Council’s ANS Standards Committee and NFRC board of directors approved a plan to submit the six NFRC documents for public review. Public review and comment period runs through October 25, 2021.
The six documents to be submitted for the full ANSI consensus process, including public review, comment, are:
- NFRC 100: Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product U-factors;
- NFRC 200: Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Solar Heat Gain Coefficient and Visible Transmittance at Normal Incidence;
- NFRC 202: Procedure for Determining Translucent Fenestration Product Visible Transmittance at Normal Incidence;
- NFRC 203: Procedure for Determining Visible Transmittance of Tubular Daylighting Devices;
- NFRC 400: Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Air Leakage; and
- NFRC 500: Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Condensation Index Ratings.
The announcement that these documents are open to public comment appeared in Standards Action on September 10, marking the beginning of the open public comment period. With the documents being available electronically, the comment period will be 45 days, closing on October 25.
Changes to these documents include a new address for NFRC and NFRC member-approved ballot language. Those interested in viewing any of the documents in strikethrough/underline format can email firstname.lastname@example.org and specify document(s) for review.
Additional details, updates on progress, and applications for joining the committee are available on the ANS Standards Committee group page, which is open to the public.