At a meeting of the National Fenestration Rating Council’s (NFRC) board of directors in early February 2023, the board appointed its new executive committee and welcomed three new members.
The NFRC executive committee includes:
- Deb Callahan, NFRC CEO;
- Tony Cinnamon, chair, Wiss, Janney Elstner Associates;
- Helen Sanders, vice chair, Technoform;
- Mahabir Bhandari, secretary, Oak Ridge National Laboratory;
- Kevin Vilhauer, treasurer, Western Window Systems; and
- John Gordon, immediate past chair, National Certified Testing Laboratory.
The three new board members are:
- Amy Boyce, director of codes and technical strategy with the Institute for Market Transformation (IMT), who develops and deploys local-, state-, and national-level strategies for broad-scale transformation through codes and building technology and leads the Energy Efficient Codes Coalition; Boyce is also a member of the Residential Consensus Committee for the development of the 2024 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and has served on ASHRAE’s Task Force on Building Decarbonization through the Building Performance Standards working group;
- David McDonald, a code and regulatory affairs specialist with Marvin who is based in Warroad, Minn., where he has an advocacy role within industry trade associations, test standard development organizations, and the ICC codes; McDonald has been an active NFRC member since 2014, attending every NFRC meeting and serving on various task forces and committees; and
- Julian Wang, who is an associate professor in the department of architectural engineering and an affiliate faculty member within the department of architecture and the materials research institute at Pennsylvania State University; Wang previously worked at the University of Cincinnati, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and Tsinghua University in Beijing.