USGlass Magazine’s fifth annual Design Awards competition is now open, recognizing excellence in the use of architectural glass and glazing. These awards will highlight exemplary uses of glass and glazing products across several categories in interior and exterior applications. The competition is open to all members of the architectural glazing industry, including contract glaziers, glass and metal fabricators and suppliers, architects, developers, owners and building envelope/façade consultants.
Rules and Eligibility
- Interior or exterior architectural glazing project submissions must have been completed between January 2022 and December 2022;
- Projects located throughout the world are eligible for entry;
- Submissions must feature architectural glazing prominently within the design;
- Submissions must include up to five high-resolution (300 dpi; 1200 x 2400 pixels max) images. Please include a close-up to illustrate the level of difficulty, as well as images of the finished job;
- Submissions at the time of entry, including all images, must be approved for publication by the project owner, and you must have and provide the rights to use the images for editorial purposes;
- To maintain anonymity in judging, the names of entrants or collaborating parties will not appear on any submission materials provided to judges.
- Entry forms must be completed in their entirety.
Submissions will be due by June 23, 2023, and announced in the January 2024 issue of USGlass magazine.
Entry Fee: $55 per project submission
Submissions should illustrate the following:
- Design innovation;
- Aesthetic achievements; and
- Technical difficulty.
- Lowrise Construction (less than four floors)
- Midrise Construction (5-12 floors)
- Highrise Construction (more than 12 floors)
- Podium spaces (e.g., lobby spaces, entrances, etc.)
- Façade retrofit/renovation
- Interior glazing (walls, partitions, balustrades, etc.)
- Art glass (architectural glass used for artistic expression and integrated into a building or urban habitat)
- Structural glass – Façades
- Structural glass – Floors, stairs, fins, beams, etc.
Submit your projects here. If you have questions about the awards, please contact Ellen Rogers at email@example.com.