Okay, we get it. Architects are busy people. And, it can be tough to get all the continuing education credits you need. But rest assured, I am here to help. What if I told you I know a way you can earn up to five continuing education units at the same place, same day. You’ll get food and drinks and it wouldn’t cost a thing. Too good to be true? Absolutely not. Architects’ Forum™ 2015 is a day-long event headed to Long Island, offering information and education about glass and glazing
designed specifically for architects. The event will take place April 23 at the Hyatt Regency Long Island in Hauppauge, N.Y. Here’s 10 reasons why you should attend this year’s event:
- Lots of Learning Units: You need credits, we can help you get them. You’ll earn up to five continuing education credits during the day-long event.
- Network, Network, Network: As the old saying goes, “it’s not what you know, it’s who you know.” Architects’ Forum provides you with plenty of opportunities to get to know others just like you. Enjoy coffee breaks, lunch and an Evening Cocktail Party.
- Did Someone Say High-Performance? These days it seems everything and everyone is searching for high-performance features—including fenestration. “The Future of High Performance Fenestration,” sponsored by Technoform Group, takes a look at the economic and environmental needs for increased performance in fenestration.
- Coffee Talk: Enjoy a complimentary coffee break and take a look at the unique products featured by event sponsors during a special table top showcase.
- Find the Best Glass for Your Next Project: Not all glass is created equal and sometimes it’s tough to know which one is right for a specific project. “Principles of Glass Selection: From Rendering to Reality,” sponsored by Guardian Industries, can help. This session will help you understand the key criteria in selecting glass types and how those choices can influence the building’s aesthetic condition and how trade-offs can be considered between performance and design criteria.
- Learn About the Details: You are already aware that glass is a major design component in architecture. “Glass Fabrication and Design Issues,” sponsored by J.E. Berkowitz LP will delve deeper, helping you learn how understanding glass issues leads to fewer design changes and better cost value, among many other benefits.
- Take in a Show: Visit the sold-out Glass Expo Northeast™ trade show running concurrently with Architects’ Forum and you’ll get a look at even more new products for the architectural glass industry.
- Focus on Energy Efficiency: Glass has a huge role to play when it comes to energy efficient buildings. The session sponsored by Fenzi North America, “Selecting Insulating Glass Sealants for Durability and Energy Efficiency,” will provide an overview of the characteristics insulating glass sealants provide to ensure thermal performance, structural durability and longevity.
- The What, When and Where of Fire-Rated Glass: Learn about the latest trends in fire-rated glazing, and what to look for when specifying these products in this session, “Form, Function & Fire Safety: A Clearer View of Fire-Rated Glass and Framing,” sponsored by Technical Glass Products. Presenters will cover how to meet codes without compromising aesthetics, fire-rated glazing systems and sustainable design, and much more.
- It’s Free! The glass industry is quickly evolving and we want to help you understand how these changes can impact the projects you design. That’s why Architects’ Forum is absolutely free for architects.
The event saw a stellar turnout when it took place on Long Island in 2013 and we are expecting another great event this year. Visit the event website at www.glassguides.com/forum to learn more and to register. We look forward to seeing you at Architects’ Forum™ 2015, April 23 at the Hyatt Regency Long Island in Hauppauge, N.Y. Questions? Email me at email@example.com.