An employee of a subcontractor for Cardinal Glass in Church Hill, Tenn., died Wednesday morning. Local media outlets report that no cause of death has been unveiled. The identity of the person has also not been released.

A spokesperson for Cardinal Glass told local media organizations the accident occurred in an area that is not currently used for production.

“Our thoughts are with the family and friends mourning a tragic loss this morning,” Cardinal Glass said. “We have been in touch with the subcontractor for whom this individual worked to offer any possible assistance as well as with first responders who were on site quickly. We will work with those investigating this event to help understand what happened and why and to support our team members affected by this tragic accident.”

A statement provided by the Tennessee Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) says that “Tennessee OSHA (TOSHA) was notified about a workplace fatality that occurred at Cardinal Glass Industries located at 700 Cardinal Way Road, Church Hill, Tenn. A TOSHA investigator is reviewing the circumstances that led to the worker’s death.

“During the investigative process, TOSHA typically surveys the location of the incident, reviews company records and procedures, and then will conduct interviews with management and employees. A fatality investigation can take between eight and ten weeks to complete.

“To ensure the integrity of the investigation, TOSHA does not release any preliminary information regarding the incident.  When the investigation is final, the report detailing the agency’s findings is open for review by the citizens of Tennessee.”

Jamie Miller, Emergency Management Agency director for Hawkins County, adds that the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office will head the investigation alongside TOSHA. He says both agencies are set to issue reports on the incident, though the timeline for releasing that information is not set in stone.

1 Comment

  1. This makes the 3 accidents this year and it all comes back to that contractor not providing safety training.The one that happened on my shift cost a young boy his thumb never trained and first day on the job and they fired me for their mistake I am very sorry for the loss of this young man I did get the chance to work with him and he was a very good worker prayers for his family

Comments are closed.